1. Temple et al., The Safety of Ingested Caffeine: A Comprehensive Review
. Frontiers in Psychiatry, 2017.
2. Willson C., The clinical toxicology of caffeine: A review and case study
. Toxicology Reports, 2018.
3. O'Keefe et al., Coffee for Cardioprotection and Longevity
. Progress in Cardiovascular Diseases, 2018.
Turnbull et al., Caffeine and cardiovascular health
. Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, 2017.
5. Kim et al., Coffee Consumption and Incident Tachyarrhythmias: Reported Behavior, Mendelian Randomization, and Their Interactions. JAMA Internal Medicine, 2021.
6. Larsson & Orsini, Coffee Consumption and Risk of Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease: A Dose-Response Meta-Analysis of Prospective Studies.
Cappelletti et al., Caffeine: Cognitive and Physical Performance Enhancer or Psychoactive Drug?
Current Neuropharmacology, 2015.
8. Winston et al., Neuropsychiatric effects of caffeine
. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, 2005.
9. Wang et al., Caffeine-induced psychiatric manifestations: a review.
International Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2015.
10. Adan & Serra-Glabulosa, Effects of caffeine and glucose, alone and combined, on cognitive performance
. Human Psychopharmacology, 2010.
11. Sohail et al., The Cognitive-Enhancing Outcomes of Caffeine and L-theanine
: A Systematic Review. Cureus, 2021.
12. Dodd et al., A double-blind, placebo-controlled study evaluating the effects of caffeine and L-theanine both alone and in combination on cerebral blood flow, cognition and mood
. Psychopharmacology, 2015.
13. Kristjansson et al., Adolescent Caffeine Consumption and Self-Reported Violence and Conduct Disorder
. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 2012.
Vanattou-Saïfoudine et al., Caffeine provokes adverse interactions with 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA,'ecstasy') and related psychostimulants: mechanisms and mediators.
British Journal of Pharmacology, 2012.
Justinová et al., Differential Effects of Presynaptic versus Postsynaptic Adenosine A 2A Receptor Blockade on ⌬ 9 -Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) Self-Administration in Squirrel Monkeys
. Journal of Neuroscience, 2014.
16. Panlilio et al., Combined effects of THC and caffeine on working memory in rats
. British Journal of Pharmacology, 2011.
17. Drake et al., Caffeine Effects on Sleep Taken 0, 3, or 6 Hours before Going to Bed.
Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine, 2013.
18. Landolt et al., Caffeine intake (200 mg) in the morning affects human sleep and EEG power spectra at night
. Brain Research, 1995.
19. Weibel et al., The impact of daily caffeine intake on nighttime sleep in young adult men.
Scientific Reports, 2021.
20. Solinas et al., Caffeine Induces Dopamine and Glutamate Release in the Shell of the Nucleus Accumb
ens. Journal of Neuroscience, 2002.
21. Volkow et al., Caffeine increases striatal dopamine D2/D3 receptor availability in the human brain
. Translational Psychiatry, 2015.